Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Lucky Penny

Tonight as the boys and I were walking to the van after a quick stop in the grocery store, I looked down and saw a tattered penny...heads up no less. So the saying popped into my head....Find a penny pick it up, all day you will have good luck. Ethan saw me pick it up and I said the saying to him. He then asked, so will you have good luck for the rest of today mom? I replied very quaintly...oh not just for the rest of today...Ive got a full 24 hours of good luck coming to me son. (hey what do expect when you pick up a penny at 8:30 at night now?!)

At this point in time, finding that tattered penny only reminded me of the trying times we have endured recently. Our whole beings as a family has really taken a beating and we are that tattered penny. We have gotten walked on, banged up, dropped and left out in the cold....but we are still there, still whole, still hanging around. I dont know if the dream of good luck will actually come around with in the next 24 hours...you know those wise tails and all, do you really believe?
But I do know that things really cant get worse if we allow them to.

As long as we continue to stay whole, stay true to ourselves, love each other like no one else can, and continue to have faith and believe in Him...all things are possible.

Like Saint Augustine quoted oh soo many years ago and to get your mind thinking...."Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe."

Luvs ya......

1 Feedbacks:

Anonymous said...

So, did you have 24 hours of good luck? I hope so! :-)

BTW, your blog is lovely. :-)

Christie