Friday, November 7, 2008

New Hobby

Well because of these harder economic times that we have had to endure...I have found a new hobby that has been turning into a fun little game for me. This is called "Couponing" by some folks...being "Frugal" by others. However you want to call it, I have been just having fun. I have started cracking myself up at some of the deals that are just sitting there at the store waiting for a little ol customer like me to pick up on it.

One great one I found was at our local grocery store HyVee...where one day I needed a roll of sausage to add to beef up my spaghetti sauce since my lovely hubby likes meaty sauce to take over the noodle aspect of the meal LOL. To put it bluntly he is not a pasta person...which I can not fathom what is wrong with him. I know deep down somewhere in my past life or something I must of been an Italian because man o man I can eat pasta daily if given the choice LOL. So anyways...The Dealio....ok. Well how it started was I had a coupon for a $1 off log of Jimmie Dean sausage and on the roll there happened to be a peelie coupon for if you bought that roll you get a package of fresh Jimmie Dean links or patties for free. Hmmmmm....scratching my head...that means the $3.79 sausage - the $1.00 Q = $2.79 with a free $3.88 link or sausage...meaning take $2.79 and divide that in half = $1.40 a package...how could one go wrong with that. So I bought me a the roll and went on my merry way. Well after checking out the register printed another coupon out for me for a $1 off my next purchase of 2 or more.

Well a few days went by and I needed another roll of sausage. I went back and now they had a little machine there that just pops out Coupons for $1 off a Jimmie Dean sausage. Cool. There was still some sausages with free link/patties peelies on them. Can you say Stock Up!!! LOL. This deal was just sitting there.

Another one I came across this week was at Target. Target has web coupons that you can print off. This week they had a $1 off the Flat Earth veggie chips and I just happened to have a manufacture coupon for a $1 off as well. Well I went to go see how much they would be with $2 off (using both coupons) and low and behold the bags all had peelie coupons for $1 off the bag....and they were $2.69 - the $1 Target Q and - $1 peelie Q = .69cents!!!! Score...and they are quite nummy I might add.

So these were just a couple things I got that were just sitting there waiting to be taken home by me. Maybe they are waiting for you as well...you never know. Gotta check it out. Its a fun little game to play. I have gotten tons of other deals as well...too numerous to mention at this moment.

Anywho....till next time. Peace and luvs to ya.....

2 Feedbacks:

Unknown said...

I was following the coupon (frugal) story til you started doing the math... You totally lost me............ Brain went totally blank... but I am guess that you got good deals! lol

Janet said...

Great deals! Isn't it great when you can have fun and save money as well?