Friday, October 30, 2009

Parables

For a few weeks now....I have been studying the parables that Jesus has given us to help us better understand life. We are presented with the Sower, the Wise and Foolish Builders, the Persistent Widow, the Pharisee and Tax Collector, the Weeds and the Wheat, and the Mustard Seed and the Yeast. A few great stories that really make you dig deeper into your thoughts to try and better understand whom you truly are and who you can truly inspire to be.


If I had to choose one parable right now that would best suit what I am...or what I'm going through. It would be very hard. For I think that I have a few of those going on inside me right now. The parable of the Sower can describe the part of me that is going on this journey to better myself, and find the true meaning of my life. I know that I have lived the shallow heart during a period of my life. Letting my emotions and quick decisions burden the road that I should of been patient on. Often blaming myself and hating God for what I experienced. (loss of my son) I also lived with the crowded heart...taking on all the worries of my life and every ones around me. Always trying to fix what was wrong. Taking on all the blame. (mentally abusive childhood) That part of me that wanted to be in control of situations and make sure everyone is happy. Not turning it over and having the patience and understanding that He will take care of everything....including me.


There has been soo many times in my life (sons death, divorce) where I would have loved to hit the fast forward button and just skip over the hurdle that I was experiencing. Just as in the parable of the Wise and Foolish builders....I wanted to just skip all the hard stuff not knowing that it was the important work...just so I could see the end result. But if it wasn't for the lessons that were presented to me along the way...I would not be able to build the firm foundation that I need now...and for the rest of my life. By learning to be patient, leaning on God and his word....now I know that any storm that is brought to me can be survived. No matter how difficult and strenuous it may seem. I must constantly remind myself of his faithfulness. As someone said....worry is just practical atheism. If you worry, you're acting like an unbeliever.


I like this quote by Ogilvie: "Anxiety is the result of doing our own thing, on our timing and with our resources. Freedom from anxiety comes when we desire to do what God wants, when He wants it and with whom He wants it and by His power. God's work done without God's power depletes God's people."


I have a long journey ahead of me to truly understand my purpose that He has created for me. But for this lesson, I am not even tempted to hit the fast forward button anymore. I want to study and learn, and understand all there is to know. I want to drink all that life has to offer me. For if I cant truly learn my lessons...how can I teach my own children? So if I look within myself, and change what I need to change, have the faith and patience to know that He is in control. I believe that my life can and will be lived to its fullest potential....because its the life He has chosen for me. If you had to choose one...could you choose a parable that fits your life? Which one are you experiencing or have experienced?

Lamentations 3:25-26 The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks him. It is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.

Peace and Luvs to ya!!!

0 Feedbacks: