Monday, October 13, 2008

Music Monday

What do you see? What do you hear? What have you learnt from others? I don't know about you...but I am a people watcher. Yes, I admit it...we could be waiting at a restaurant to be seated and I will be caught just watching people and how they are interacting in their life. My mind will wander and wonder and try to figure out their story. Most of the time...their stories in my head are pretty glamorous and wonderful. But the reality of it is...we don't know what is actually happening in a total strangers life.

Do you ever wonder what they may be going through? I mean we sit there from time to time and wish that we could just exchange our lives with someone else. We are assuming that their life is much better than ours. We see our friends that have a beautiful big home and gorgeous kids and wonderful jobs. But could they be struggling with trying to pay the bill, struggling at keeping the job, could they be trying to fight off an illness that they haven't shared with anyone. Could their perfect children be having problems at home that they are not sharing with you.

Everyone seems to try and put up a picture of what they think everyone wants them to be like. But have you ever just looked into their eyes and really see what they may be going through. Stop imagining that just because your life is not going so well...that theirs is wonderful. We need to stop and really see who people are. Stop and listen to them speak.

So the next time when you catch yourself "people watching", try to see into their eyes and when your out and about....maybe just be a little bit more courteous to the strangers around you. We don't know what they are going through...just like they don't know what your going through. Just because your having a bad day or time in your life...doesn't mean your the only one. Just take a moment...breathe.......listen.....

Brandon Heath's Give Me Your Eyes




Peace out and luvs to ya....

2 Feedbacks:

Kelly T said...

I'm so glad you chose this song. It always speaks so strongly to me when I hear it on the radio. What a shame to think about all the opportunities we've missed to speak/do Christ's love because we haven't seen others through His eyes.

Unknown said...

I'm definatly a people watcher as well! LOL Could be why one of the subjects I studied in college was sociology. I love to study people and wonder if their lives are better or if they are hiding things they want no one else to know :)