Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thursday Thoughts

Worrying is like a rocking chair......Its something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere.



I read this quote on a church sign a few months ago and it has stuck with me ever since.  Its funny how life works sometimes.  I was going through some rough emotional stress over this past summer and I was having a hard time just letting go and letting the Lord show me the direction he wanted us to take.  
Every Monday, Wednesday and every other Friday and Sunday I drive down this road and pass this church 4 times each day while taking the boys to meet their father.  As you can tell I see this sign quite often.  I usually read the sign and think...OK, and then just wait a few weeks later and see what they put up different. Everything they put up is wonderful and thought provoking.  But this particular day when I was filled to the brim with stress and didn't know what to do. I was getting very frustrated and annoyed with all the insecurities and unknowns that were in our life.  I just asked God to help and ease my mind and just let us know what direction we should be going in.
Well, that day I just so happened to have to take the boys to their meeting spot. That day that church just so happened to change their sign, and that day God just so happened to speak to my heart. I drove down that road, and looked over at that sign and read.... Worrying is like a rocking chair, its something to do but it doesn't  get you anywhere. Right there it just clicked, shot straight to my heart and every little bit of stress just let go and disappeared.  He spoke to me and let me know that everything would be OK.  Shortly after that...within a few weeks, the direction and answers we were looking for became clear to us.  I learnt a valuable lesson from that experience.  I wasted so much energy on the stressing out and worrying and if I would of just continued to have faith and trust, I could of used all that energy and put it towards something more positive.  Maybe my flowers that summer would of looked nicer..who knows ;)
Since then life has been a bit calmer. I don't tend to stress too much, and when I do find myself starting to feel a bit edgy...that quote just pops right back into my head.


Warmth, Tenderness, and Luvs to ya.....

1 Feedbacks:

paparazzimom said...

don't you love it when He speaks so directly to you? I bet that church would appreciate hearing how He used them and their sign to speak to you. :) Glad you are less stressed, my friend.