Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 30: Love Brings Unity

Unity. Togetherness. Oneness.

Today's reading was leaning on the unity of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit....how being united they all work together...being unbreakable. I'm still trying to soak in this lesson and still trying to comprehend it. I'm kinda at a loss for words on this one. But the Dare for today is: Isolate one area of division in your marriage, and look on today as a fresh opportunity to pray about it. Ask the Lord to reveal anything in your own heart that is threatening oneness with your spouse. Pray that He would do the same for them. And if appropriate discuss this matter openly, seeking God for unity.

So I kinda get it, but kinda don't. I can pick up on things that do separate us in our marriage..and I will pray about it. I will ask God to show me where I may not be united even in my relationships with others. For my goal is to be the best me I can be....and even if my marriage doesn't make it...I do want my relationships with my family and friends to be the best they can be. I just want to live the best life I can live. I just want to be me. I don't want to feel guilty for feeling things and acting certain ways. If I know that I am doing my very best...that's all the matters. I will take compassion on those that feel or think otherwise...but if I know that I am doing what God wants me to do then that's all the really matters. Living our best life is what its all about right?

I'm sorry that I'm lost on this lesson...I will pray about it more. I'm open to any lessons that God is speaking on your heart to tell me. :)

0 Feedbacks: