Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Suffering

After reviewing today, I had a good day, lots to be thankful for. I had a great talk with an awesome friend from far away this morning for an hour. Then had a much needed lesson at my woman's bible study today. Finally had a great lunch with my mom and that was a much needed break from everyday reality. Oh and cant forget the beautiful weather that we had today...car read 55 degrees. I actually opened the sunroof and took in the amazing weather.

As I said before, I really enjoyed my lesson at my study today. We are starting the study on II Corinthians. I know that I'm going to get alot out of this book in the Bible. We are learning about Paul's writings and how even though he had one of those terrible, horrible, no good, very bad times....he still knew that the Lord had good things planned for him.

It was enlightening to learn that even tho we are hard pressed on every side.....we are not crushed. Even tho we can be perplexed....we are not in despair. Even if we feel persecuted, we are never abandoned. When we are struck down we are not destroyed. And when we are under great pressure, we are despaired even of life.

Paul teaches us how to respond to suffering by letting God comfort us. For He is the Father of compassion, the God of All comfort. He lives with you and will be in you always. Go to the word of God and he will comfort you. We must also rely on His grace and allow Him to renew you day by day. For when we struggle we tend to focus on the struggles. We can not do that. I love the quote that mentor Patty said....worrying chokes out the Word....but the Word chokes out the worries.

"Sometimes you just have to sit and dwell on His grace, warm yourself in His comfort and fix your eyes on eternity!"

1 Feedbacks:

Janet said...

Amen and amen! May you find comfort in His Word daily. Much love.