Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 24-25

So I am not good on my daily updates now am I? I guess we do live in this crazy place called life and there are things that do consume our time. But just know, that God is really consuming my time these days...and oh the little bit of the new season of American Idol....LOL! Seems like Ive been taking a college course and He has been my teacher. Giving me daily homework assignments and lots and lots to think about. I definitely know that this is what I need to be doing now. Ive really made alot of self discoveries lately and even tho its been heart warming, its been kinda jarring as well. We don't really like to see the bad stuff in ourselves now do we?

So I had last left off that I was about to do Day 24 which was Love vs. Lust....It is all about learning that God truly does provide all that we need, and because we are only human we tend to get caught up in those worldly possessions and go on a roller coaster of wants and desires. We sometimes get fixated on all those things that we think will make us happy...and in turn do they really? When if we just have faith and believe that God will provide all our happiness for us we might not ever need to feel like keeping up with the Jones' or be entangled in debt. Sometimes lust comes in forms of possessions or power or prideful ambition.....right along with what you would typically think of lust as.....that lustful eye persay.

By taking on this lesson, Ive learnt that I am so grateful for what God has already provided for me in my life. Its really made me take a step back on why I buy certain things and and crave certain things. I certainly have always been aware of the demon of the lustful eye. I have never craved or even thought about that in my marriage. I love my husband way to much to even fathom those thoughts. My Dare was to Identify every object of lust in my life and remove it. Single out every lie Ive swallowed in pursuing forbidden pleasure and reject it. Replace all that with the sure promises of God and a heart filled with His perfect love.

Day 25: Love Forgives
This lesson was whatever I haven't forgiven in my husband, forgive it today. Let it go. Just as we ask Jesus to "forgive our debts" each day, we must ask Him to help us "forgive our debtors" each day as well. Unforgiveness has been keeping my and my husband in a prison too long. This has been easy yet hard. When we dwell on what the other has done to us...we tend to get angry and frustrated. It may change our whole attitude in a matter of minutes if we continue to think about it. Does Jesus do that to us? Does he dwell on it, does he treat us badly? Does he give us an attitude? No! No matter how badly we treat him and take for granted what he has given us....He ALWAYS forgives us...no matter what...and continues to love us soo much! Learning about the true meaning of love has been so eye opening and heart warming. If I want to live a much more fulfilled life...I really need to take these lessons to heart and act on them each and every day! That's my ultimate goal right? To have a more loving and confident and peaceful life. Yes it is.

0 Feedbacks: