Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 11 Love Cherishes

Answering him, Jesus said "What do you want Me to do for you?" (Mark 10:51)

Today's Love Dare says... What does your spouse have that you could meet today? Can you run an errand? Give a back rub or a foot massage? Is there housework you could help with? Choose a gesture that says "I Cherish You" and do it with a smile.

Learning that I need to give this marriage the time and space that it needs to grow and heal, I gave him the space he needed last night. He went off and did what he felt he needed in his life and I breathed in the sweet breath of my children. I went and had a dinner date with them and just really enjoyed their company. We later went and hung out with my sweet cousin and just enjoyed each others company.

I'm really learning that each day is a gift presented to us and I'm learning to not take things for granted. Trying to really live in each and every moment and let God work his hand in all that he needs to do.

Today's Dare I offered up a haircut for my husband. Even tho he didn't want to inconvenience me, I made him aware that I would be more than happy to do this for him. Today's been pleasant and I have been walking around with more smiles.....not because of him, but because of who I am becoming. Sometimes smiles can be contagious....as someone sweet told me. That's a free gift I can give others as well.

I really don't know what else to write...but know that I am ok. This marathon of life is going slow and steady...but that's the way one succeeds in it right?!

1 Feedbacks:

Janet said...

I'm glad you are okay. And I'm thankful that you've enjoyed a pleasant day.