Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 16-18

Ahhh Love intercedes.....all about how you cannot change your spouse. Darn it...and I thought it was possible....just kidding. Yes this I do know. We can not change anyone but ourselves. Hence that is why I'm truly enjoying this Love Dare session. Knowing that in the end, the only thing that will be prettier will be who I become. Knowing that I am beautiful no matter what, inside and out. I am truly having faith that God is working his hands in me. I am his clay and he is molding me. I know I cant do this without him. Life is hard. Its no walk in the park. But with patience and kindness and prayer, I know that good things will happen for me.
I know that God is not my magic genie and will grant me all the wishes that I want. But he will give me all that I need to make my life the best it can be. Day 16s dare was to begin praying for my spouse. Pray for exactly what he needs, pray for his heart, pray for his attitude...etc. I know I cant change him....but maybe God can take the wheel and mold him into what he thinks he should be.

Love promotes intimacy. We all have friends and family that we are close with....but there is that total intimate closeness that we only get from our spouse. Who knows our deep dark secrets and guards them with their own heart. Its what happens when we marry. But it can be a double edged sword sometimes. They can either love us at depths we never imagined, or they can hurt us in ways that we may never full recover from. Its our job to make sure that we cherish their secrets and feelings like we would want ours to be treated. Make them feel safe and secure. I never thought of this analogy before....when we got married we took all of our spouses baggage into our life and they did the same for us. We all come with some type of baggage. But its our job to help them feel like they matter, that their baggage is safe with us. That we wont hurt them with what we know. God knows all of our secrets, yet he doesn't hold them over our heads waiting to torment us when we least expect it. No...he gathers us up each and every day and tells us that it will be ok. That we matter. That we are forgiven. So even tho we have done things to hurt our spouses, we must learn to take the steps to move forward and show love inspite of these issues. Listen to what is being said by them and truly feel, cherish and guard their feelings. Once again, do unto others as you would want done unto yourself. I'm really learning, Life is truly not all about me.

Love seeks to understand....today I'm learning that I need to study my husband. When we have an interest or a hobby we like, we tend to follow up on it, learn about it and practice at it. We did this when we were fresh into our relationship.....but somewhere along the way it kinda fizzled. We musta figured that hey..we are married now..we must know everything about each other. Well do we really? I guess obviously not if we have hit this point in our marriage. So I need to go back to school and really start to learn more about my husband. Start digging deeper with in him to really learn and understand Him!! If I want this marriage to work out and be the best it can possibly be...then I need to do my part. I know its not all on my shoulders to make it work. But if I can be a leader, a great example to him. If he can see that I am living more peacefully and lovingly...then he might want the same to. For that I pray for!!!

So anyways...sorry that I haven't updated on a daily basis...but I was having troubles finding words to write. Gods working in me...I know that. I'm still doing ok. Day by day, cherishing each and everyday and taking nothing for granted.

1 Feedbacks:

Janet said...

I love seeing how God is working in you through this. My continued prayers.