Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 8 Love is Not Jealous

Today's lesson is learning about jealousy. How there is two different kinds of jealousy we deal with. There is the legitimate jealousy which is based on love. Then there is the illegitimate jealousy which is based on envy. Ive learned that I have been holding onto legitimate jealousy because I felt like he turned his heart away from me and was replacing it with something else. I just wanted back what was righteously mine. After having my revelation over the past weekend, I know now that true love is not selfish and puts others first, it refuses to let jealousy in.

I will start practicing being my husbands biggest cheerleader. Its time to let love, humility and gratefulness destroy any jealousy that springs up in my heart. Its time to let his successes draw us closer together and give me greater opportunities to show genuine love.

So today's Dare was to take yesterdays Negative attributes and discreetly burn them and then share with him how glad I am for a success that he has recently enjoyed. I will become his biggest fan and reject any thoughts of jealousy.

1 Feedbacks:

Janet said...

I am so proud of you and your choosing to be obedient to God and letting Him work this out. I continue to ask for God to restore your marriage for His glory. Much love.