Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Taking the Dare

What does one do when their marriage hits rock bottom? Life has been so difficult lately and it seems like Satan is attacking from every angle. I try and fight him off but he just keeps coming back for more. I know God is there with me....helping me along. But being an imperfect human sometimes I tend to try and fix things myself or just try and take over and not ask him for the help he is so willingly wanting to pass out. So for the last couple days Ive been talking with Him, asking for a sign. Asking what is going to happen? What should I do? Yesterday I felt like just giving in. Saying fine....if my husband thinks its best to call it quits then maybe that's what I should give him. I certainly don't want it, but that's not seeming to help matters at all. What do you do when it feels like, it appears in my eyes, that I am always trying.

Last night, I once again asked for a sign. This morning a thought came to me. It was doing the Love Dare. Oh Ive had this book sitting around for a couple years. Every once in awhile I would try to start it when things were kinda rocky before. But things worked its way out and I never made if far in the Dares. When I read the beginning of the book today....it said that this is a marathon and not a sprint. AND you must complete the whole process!! I guess its like taking an antibiotic every day and finishing the prescription. One wont get over being sick if you don't finish the meds. Right?? Plus....what do I have to loose at this point? In his eyes its over. But he did tell me that he still loves me......so is that a little seed of hope?? Maybe?! So what the heck I will give it a try.

Today (Day 1) starts with Patience. I am dared to not say anything mean to him. If I feel like I'm going that route then I need to shut up and walk away. So far so good...LOL... especially when he hasn't talked to me really yet today. Yesterday he stayed away allllll day until it was time for him to come home and go to bed. Wonder if that will be the case today? Time will only tell. So here is goes...a documentation on if this Love Dare will work for us. Wish I knew of someone that did this before and had amazing results...well besides the movie FireProof LOL. It would be encouraging if not the least.

Here is to Day 1!


oh and ps...the 40th day is the 13th of February....wonder what kinda Valentines day this year will be.

1 Feedbacks:

Janet said...

Praying for you and your marriage. I hope this Valentine's Day will be a day of renewal and redemption of your commitment to each other. If you ever need a shoulder of have a specific prayer request, send me a DM on facebook or an email.