Monday, January 10, 2011

The Weekend Recovery...Day 4,5,6

Taking it day by day is my goal right now. Made it thru the weekend and came out of it with a sense of more peace. On Saturday my Dare was to contact him sometime during the day and ask how he is doing and to see if there is anything I could do for him. I phoned him up while he was at work and we had a pleasant conversation. I really paid attention to what he was saying and acknowledged what he was feeling. I didn't go deep with him. But I did let him know that I was here for him.



On Sunday my Dare was to ask him what causes him to become uncomfortable or irritated with me. As to which I tried but never got a response from. I am not letting that discourage me and will forage on and still try and learn more about myself as the days continue on. The day before tho I had a heartfelt conversation with some friends about an ongoing issue that has probably consumed me over the last year. It has affected me on so many levels and now I know I am able to resolve it and let it go. I thought I was trying my best to do it before, but now I got the help I needed and a different perspective to really learn about the situation better. God is good and God has really helped me. I am learning so much about myself and how I think and how I react. Having a past full of hurt has really jaded my mind and outcome of how I interpret things. When I think I'm being nice....am I being nice for all the right reasons? I'm getting it now...slowly but surely.



Today's Dare I'm still trying to wrap my finger around. I got half of it pondering around but I'm confused on the other half. My Dare says...Choose today to react to touch circumstances in your marriage in loving ways instead of with irritation. Begin by making a list of areas where you need to add margin to your schedule. Then list any wrong motivations that you need to release from your life.

I'm not the brightest crayon in the box but I need help understanding what it means to add margin to my schedule. I get the wrong motivations part. I am just confused that is all. I wont let this get to me tho...I will get thru this and learn more about myself.

0 Feedbacks: