Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 15 Love is Honorable

Today's Dare is learning about the word honor. To honor someone is to treat them as being special and of great worth. To be nice, understanding, and to really listen whole heartily when they speak. To be courteous and polite and respectful.

When I took my wedding vows I chose to honor my husband. I chose to treat him like he mattered and let him know that he matters. Sometimes day to day activities and situations attack us from all different angles and we tend to forget that little choice we made. We get caught up in what we are feeling and what matters to us. We become selfish. At one time when we were fresh in our relationship...it was quite easy to show him how much he mattered to me. Over time, I guess I let that priority slide. He did too. We are human. We are not perfect. But I can chose to regain that feeling. I can suck up my pride and be the first to make a move. If someone don't make the first move then who will. I'm learning that I need to let go of my stubborn pride. Let my pride reflect what Gods pride is. Live my life to show Gods presence in it.

As quoted in the book...."Of all the relationships I have, I will value ours the most. Of all the things I'm willing to sacrifice, I will sacrifice the most for you. With all your failures, sins, mistakes, and faults-past and present-I still choose to love and honor you." That's how you lead your heart to truly love your mate again. And that's the beauty of honor.

I will be marinating on this lesson all day. Things that make you go hmmm??!! ;)

I hope that you are having a great day and that your life is being filled with lots of love and peace.

0 Feedbacks: